Date: Wednesday 22nd January, 9am-11am
Location: Prizeology, We Work, 199 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3TY
In ad land, a largely service based industry, talent and whether you have it or not, is arguably the holy grail. As they say, you are only as good as your people. But for agency leaders, particular those running young start-ups, talent will bring excitement and anxiety in equal measure.
Undoubtedly one of the most challenging balancing acts we will face – knowing who to hire, when to hire, and all that comes with those challenging hiring decisions.
At our next Start-Up Group Breakfast, we’ll tackle this important topic, discussing some of these questions:
- As your business grows what are the right skills and capabilities to take you onto the next stage of growth?
- What is the right time to hire? Do you hire ahead of the need or when the work arrives (and you have more financial assurances)?
- How do you tackle the challenge of needing a skillset but do not have the work for a full-time role? What options are out there to tackle this?
- Are there better ways to share resource? Or alternative resource models we could be pioneering?
- Where is the best place to find talent? The benefits of your network vs. recruitment specialists. And where else should we be looking?
- Is it brave, calculated or a bit of both to hire a role not connected to client fees or project requirements? A hire that must grow the business.
- The day to day life in a start-up will undoubtedly be very different from larger established agencies – how best do we manage expectations?
- How do you minimise the risk of making a hire that doesn’t work out? Especially in a small team with a developing culture.
- How can you be inclusive when you’re small and starting out?
This event, designed to accommodate companies less than two years old, has limited space. Register now for one of the limited number of places available